9–13 December 2019
On 9–13 December 2019, the first Winter School on Internet Governance, Digital Policies and Innovation will take place in Bucharest, Romania. SIDI Bucharest will be hosted by the National University of Political Studies and Public Administration and is organised in cooperation with several international, regional and local partners.
Announcing the class of 2019
We have received over 120 applications, from almost 50 countries within and beyond South Eastern Europe and the neighbouring area.
Selecting participants was a challenging task, because many applications were outstanding, coming from governmental officials, representatives of private companies, PhD students and academics, and civil society organisations.
While thanking all those who applied, we are proud to announce the list of participants in the first edition of SIDI.
check the programme for sidi bucharest
- How the Internet works
- The Internet governance and digital policy ecosystem
- Building trust in digital technologies
- Cybersecurity and cybercrime
- Digital economy
- Privacy in the digital era
- Digital skills for the future of work
We are also preparing a simulation exercise for our students.
new partners joining SIDI
Over the past few weeks, new partners have joined SIDI:
- RIPE Network Coordination Centre
- Bucharest Promo Robots
- Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation
We welcome them on board, next to other partners and co-organisers (SNSPA, ICANN, Internet Society, SEEDIG, 3B ICT Network, DiploFoundation, and Cluj IT Cluster).
What do we offer?
Selected participants will join a thorough week-long programme comprising lectures, interactive sessions and students-led activities.
What do we expect?
Selected participants are expected to engage prior to, during, and after SIDI with the school coordinators, their peers, and lectures. For example, participants will be asked to:
Since the entire programme is in English with no interpretation in any languages, all participants need to possess a good command of English.
The organisers of SIDI Bucharest are inviting interested entities to partner in organising the school. In particular, we would welcome support from:
- Regional and international organisations which are part of the Internet governance and digital policy ecosystem
- Internet, ICT, digital technology companies and associations with an interest in supporting capacity development programmes for the region partnering with major local and international institutions
- Local institutions in Romania (companies, associations, universities, etc.)
Support may include financial and/or in-kind contributions, such as participation in the school’s planning process, lecturers and facilitators to contribute to the school’s programme etc.